The indulgent chocolate bundt cake is a brilliant cake that makes a delicious party cake or when you are having a family gathering. It is a changed recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Life Is Sweet book. Here is the link – https://hummingbirdbakery.com/gifts-and-books/life-is-sweet/ *Don’t test it with a skewer as it will be moist in the middle!
- 25cm Bundt ring mould
- Electric mixer
- Big mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Wire rack
- Plate for the cake
- Greasproof paper
- 375g unsalted butter
- 370g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 300g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 240g chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 40g cocoa powder
- 5tbsp luke warm milk
- Cream ( whipped ) (OPTIONAL )
- Firstly preheat the oven to 170ºC, 325ºF, Gas mark 3 and grease the bundt tin with butter.
- Secondly, mix the sugar and butter on a medium speed until light, smooth and creamy ( with the the electric mixer ) and add the eggs one by one on a lower speed. *It doesn’t matter if it is slightly sporadic.
- Next add the icing sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and last of all walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Put the mixture into the pan and smooth the top and then cook for an hour or it is hard like a shell on the top.
- When it is cooked leave it on the side to cool for 50 minutes then loosen the sides with the spatula then leave it cool for another 50 minutes before tipping it out upside down – then leaving it to cool completely.
- To make the delicious sauce, mix the ingredients for it and place the grease proof paper underneath the rack.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let it cool, then once that is done transfer it onto the plate, put the cream next to it and serve.
I hope you enjoyed this, please like, follow and comment something nice and I hope you like my quote.