Hi! So for the monthly bake, I decided to do some delectable cherry and almond cupcakes. The reason I decided to do them was me and my mum were shopping when we noticed – in the baking section – almond extract and a new recipe formed in my mind. I hope you like, they are brilliant for an afternoon tea!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 25 minutes
- Muffin tin
- Electric Mixer *But you can do it by hand!
- Cupcake cases
- Mixing Bowl
- Sharp knife
- Plate to serve them on
- 210g unsalted butter
- 190g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 210g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g cherries
- 12 cherries ( a cherry per cake )
- Preheat the oven to 170º, 325ºf, Gas mark 3 and place the cases in the tin.
- Mix the sugar and butter together with the electric mixer until light and fluffy and then add the eggs in one at a time.
- Next add the flour, baking powder and ground almonds until just mixed up
- Add the almond extract and then with a wooden spoon, fold the cherries in carefully with the wooden spoon so you don’t crush them.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes and then test them with a skewer and see if they come out clean.
- When they are done, leave them to cool and then take a tiny bit off the top of the cake out, which needs to be the width of a cherry and pop a cherry in it so they don’t roll off.
- Put them on a plate to serve.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post for March and I hope you like the quote.