Hey!! So this week I decided to make a cake, I have done it with Mother’s Day written on it but that is because it was Mother’s Day and I thought it would be nice. It isn’t too chocolatey but it is still delightful!
∗ I did a Mother’s Day cake, I’m not good at art!
- Mixing Bowl x 2
- Electric Mixer
- 2 x 20cm Cake tins
- Greasproof paper
- Wire Rack
- Plate to serve
- 320g unsalted butter
- 320g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 320g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g chocolate chips
Ingredients for filling:
- 100g unsalted butter
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc, 330ºf and butter the tins before putting the grease proof paper – cut to fit – on the base.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and lovely and add the eggs gradually.
- Now mix the flour and baking powder in and then add the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Pour half the mixture into one tin and the other half in the other and scrape the sides of the bowl down with the spatula.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes and test it with a skewer and bring it out if it comes out dry.
- Leave them to cool in the tins for an hour and then tip them out the tins and onto a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream, mix all the ingredients together and spread it over the top of one cake and add the other on top.
- Enjoy on the plate.
I hope you love this recipe and the quote!!