Hey!! So I had been really wanting some cheese straws when I came across this recipe in one of the great recipe books I own. * To look for this book, click on the words great recipe. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe, I certainly do!!
Makes 5 – 7 straws.
- Baking Tray
- Rolling Pin
- Small Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- 100g Ready made puff pastry
- Plain flour – for dusting
- 1 small egg
- 100g whichever cheese – I used cheddar
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped well
- salt and pepper – optional
- Preheat the oven to 170°c, 325°f, Gas mark 3 and line a baking trya with baking parchment.
- Then roll the puff pastry out on a well floured surface and roll it until o.3 cm thin.
- Whisk the egg and coat the pastry with that and then put all the herbs, cheese and seasonings in a small bowl and mix them together.
- Evenly cover the pastry with the cheese mixture and using the rolling pin, press them in.
- Cut into strips of 5, 6 or 7 – depending on how thin you want them and twist them well.
- Twist them so they won’t come untwisted but not so much they fall apart under the strain.
- Place them on the tray and with the rest of the egg, coat them again.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until light brown and crispy.
I hope you enjoyed this AMAZING side/starter and will make them. Please check out my quote, it is FAB and like, comment what you want me to do next and follow for more!! BYE!!