Hey!! So this week I decided to make a carrot cake since it was Easter. It is very moist and won’t work without the nuts and will help spice up your weekend baking.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cake tins – 9 inch by 2 inch
- Electric Mixer
- Two large mixing bowls
- Wire Rack
- Grease proof paper
- Plate to serve
- 265g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- 200g granulated sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 medium carrots, grated and peeled
- 100g chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, 325°f, Gas mark 4 and line the bottom of the tins with grease proof paper, sticking it down with butter.
- In one of the two bowls, mix together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon until nicely blended.
- In the other bowl, add the oil, both sugars and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Now add the eggs one at a time and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry mixture in 4 parts to the wet mixture and then, when the batter is smooth, stir the carrots and nuts on a low speed.
- Then divide the batter between the two tins and bake for 35 to 45 minutes ( until the tops of the cake are spring when prodded lightly ).
- Once out of the oven, cool the cakes in the tins for 20 minutes before tipping them out onto the wire rack, peeling off the grease proof paper.
- When they are completely cooled, make this frosting ( click on these words ) , I added green food colouring to mine and you can add decorations.
- Put on the plate and have a great time eating it!!
I hope you have liked this blog and the quote please comment, like and follow!! BYE!!