These delicious cupcakes are super divine and are great for any oreo lover. They will bring a brilliant taste to your dinner parties and are simply perfect!! The hummingbird bakery do a version of these.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Two mixing bowls
- Large jug
- Electric Mixer
- 12 Cupcakes tray
- Cupcake cases
- Small non-electric whisk
- Wire rack
- 70g unsalted butter
- 170g plain flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 210ml Whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oreos
For The icing:
- 450g icing sugar, sifted
- 150g unsalted butter
- 60ml whole milk
- 30g cocoa powder,sifted
- 6 oreos
- Preheat the oven to 180°c 325°f, gas mark 3 and line the cupcake tin with capcake cases.
- To make the sponge, with the electric mixer, mix the butter , flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder together until they make a crumb like consistency.
- In the jug combine the milk and eggs by hand.
- Turn the mixer onto a low speed and gradually pour the mixture in the milk and egg mixture into the crumb mixture.
- Turn it up onto a higher speed and carry on mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and then break the oreos ( one for each cake ) into several pieces and place them onto the uncooked batter, pushing them down a little if you wish!!
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or when the tops are slightly springy when touched.
- Once they are cooked, leave them on the wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, mix together the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa powder until well combined and then add the crumbled oreos.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, spoon the frosting onto each cupcake and spread them evenly ( I did a couple without icing ). * You can use oreos to decorate.
I hope you love these cupcakes and the quote, like and follow for more!!