Hey so this week I decided to do an amazing vanilla cheesecake. It’s non-bake and tastes better than a cooked cheesecake and it doesn’t take nearly half the time it takes to make a cooked one.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
- Electric mixer
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 20cm cake tin, lined with foil
Ingredients (for the base):
- 120g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 30g light brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients (for the cheese filling):
- 360g full fat soft cheese
- 90g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml double cream, whipped
- Firstly, ( using the mixing bowl and wooden spoon ) combine the crushed digestive biscuits and the sugar until mixed well and pour the butter in gradually. Mix it all together.
- Spread out in the tin evenly and chill in the fridge until nicely set.
- Mix together the icing sugar, soft cheese and vanilla extract until well mixed and then, using the spatula, fold in the whipped double cream.
- Spread evenly over the base and chill for an hour or longer.
- Serve and enjoy. * It keeps really well so you don’t have to eat it up the day you make it.
I hope you have liked this blog, see you next week