Hey so this week I decided to do some interesting biscuits, so here they are.
Serves: approx 18
- Electric mixer with paddle attachment
- 3 Baking trays lined with grease proof paper
- Palette knife
- Wooden spoon
- Tea spoon
- Wire rack
- 2 mixing bowls
- 165g plain flour
- 85g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 140g unsalted butter
- 315g caster sugar, plus a bit more for dipping the glass
- 1 large egg
For The Vanilla Filling:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 a tbsp vanilla extract
- 150g chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc, 325ºf, Gas mark 3.
- To make these amazing cookies, sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a bowl and combine.
- Using the free standing electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar together and once they are combined, add the egg.
- With the mixer on a low speed, add the dry stuff in gradually until the batter is completely combined.
- Using the teaspoon, scoop a blob of chocolate mixture, make it into a ball, place it onto the baking tray and dip the glass in sugar before using it to press down the mixture. * You do this because it prevents the cookies from sticking.
- Do this to all of them and then put them in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cookies are firm. and then transfer them onto the wire rack.
- To make the filling, using the electric mixer which will have been washed, and mix together the icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Spread the filling over the base cookies and place another cookie on top.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl and place the wire rack over the top.
- Pour the chocolate over the cookies, covering them completely and leave them to set before eating!
I hope you have relished this recipe, and the quote, I will see everyone next week for more xxxx