Hi world. So I know this one doesn’t sound nice but believe me, it is drop-dead tasty. I wanted to make something special since I haven’t posted in a couple of months. I hope you enjoy and make sure to check out my other posts if you like this:Giant Cookie Cake or try Classic Vanilla Cheesecake
- Electric self-standing cake mixer
- Two x 20cm round cake tins
- Grease proof baking paper
- Electric blender – to crush the biscuits
- Wire Rack
- Palette Knife
- 245g unsalted butter at room temperature ( extra butter for greasing the cake tins )
- 240g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 240g self-raising flour
- 1 large packet of Lotus biscuits crushed into powder ( leaving some out for decoration )
- Crunchy Lotus Biscuit spread
For the filling and icing:
- 1/3 jar Lotus biscuit spread smooth
- 140g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- A couple of Lotus Boscuit – to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180º and line the baking tins with baking paper.
- Using the self-standing electric mixer on a medium speed, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Turn the mixer down a notch and crack the eggs one by one into the mixture making sure no egg shell goes in and mix until just combined.
- Add the self raising flour and crushed biscuits and once completely mixed together, add the biscuit spread.
- When it is all completely mixed together, split the mixture in half and put the halfs into the tins – one half each.
- Using the spatula, spread it out evenly and then bake them for 25-35 minutes. Once they are cooked, they should come back springy when touched.
- Once the cake is cooked leave it on the wire rack to cool.
- Whilst it is cooling, make the icing.
- Using the clean freestanding electric mixer, mix together the icing sugar, butter and biscuit spread until thoroughly combined.
- Now, using half the icing, spread it evenly across one layer of the cake with palette knife band place the other layer on top.
- Spread the rest of the icing on the top and add lotus biscuits to decorate how you want.
- Serve and enjoy.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post this cake is probably my favourite cake to have and it is a perfect all season cake for a special occasion or just generally. Check out my quote at the bottom and I will post again soon. Xxx